The World Chess Hall of Fame (WCHOF) is now open to the public with our regular business hours.
Your health, and the health of our employees, are our top priority and we want you to feel safe and comfortable during your visit to the WCHOF. In accordance with the city of Saint Louis Health Commissioner's Order No.10, we have been making updates to the museum and the way we serve you to help keep everyone healthy.
This is how we are keeping you safe:
- Mandatory masks and wellness checks for staff, vendors, members and visitors
- Complimentary hand sanitizing stations and promoting frequent hand washing
- Frequent disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and routine cleaning
- Signage requesting staff, vendors and guests to maintain social distancing guidelines
- Limiting the number of staff, vendors, members and visitors allowed in the building
- Quarantine mail and deliveries
- Installing additional protective barriers
- Using contactless payment options and offering curbside pickup and shipping online at Q Boutique
We are requesting all guests to follow these guidelines:
- Proceed to the front desk for a wellness check and brief questionnaire
- Stay home if you have a fever, cough, or not feeling well
- Advise if you have been in a large crowd of 10 people or more
- Report any travel outside of the United States within the past two weeks
- Require everyone to wear protective masks (available at front desk)
- Recommending all guests to wear gloves (available at front desk)
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds during restroom visits
- Follow requested safety protocols
- No food or drink allowed inside the building
- Please limit the amount of personal belongings that are brought inside
Please visit our programming calendar for virtual events, watch our YouTube channel for videos, and shop Q Boutique online for curbside pickup and shipping options. You can also read the Saint Louis Chess Campus full reopening announcement here.
If you have any additional questions about COVID-19 we recommend the following resources:
- Center For Disease Control
- Missouri Department of Health
- St. Louis City website
- St. Louis County website
Thank you for helping to keep our community healthy and safe!