Join Marie Oberkirsch of Central Print for an evening of printmaking and collage! In this virtual workshop inspired by the works on view in Keith Haring: Radiant Gambit, Marie will give a screen printing demonstration using a paper stencil, followed by a hands-on printmaking activity, making our own paper stencils and stenciling with other materials easily found at home.
Note that not all objects in following supply list is required, though having a
good assortment of the items listed will allow for plenty of creative options:
• thicker paper or cardstock
• found papers such as old magazines, newspaper, tissue paper, etc.
• Scissors and/or X-Acto knife; cutting mat; ruler
• glue sticks or other adhesives
• paints in a variety of colors
• paintbrushes; sponge
• items to use as a stamp (note that they’ll get paint on them!) such as erasers on pencils, plastic forks, wooden blocks, dowel rods
Central Print is a non-profit arts organization with a mission to promote the art of letterpress printmaking by providing workshops, classes, and programs that focus on design and production using historic printing equipment. Located in the historic Old North neighborhood of Saint Louis, Central Print serves as a classroom and studio space that offers a variety of programs for all ages.
This event will be held live through Zoom. Registration not required.
Wednesday, Dec 9 - 6:30 pm Register Now