Join Marie Oberkirsch of Central Print for an evening of printmaking and collage! In this virtual workshop inspired by the works on view Drawn Games: Chess Posters from Around the World, Marie will guide participants through at-home printmaking and collage techniques using supplies readily available around the house. Viewers will learn how to create their own stencils and incorporate collage elements to create one-of-a-kind prints.
Note that not all objects in following supply list is required, though having a good assortment of the items listed will allow for plenty of creative options.
- thicker paper or cardstock
- found papers such as old magazines, newspaper, tissue paper, etc.
- Scissors and/or X-Acto knife
- cutting mat
- glue sticks or other adhesives
- paints in a variety of colors
- items to use as a stamp (note that they'll get paint on them!) such as erasers on pencils, plastic forks, wooden blocks, dowel rods
Central Print is a non-profit arts organization with a mission to promote the art of letterpress printmaking by providing workshops, classes, and programs that focus on design and production using historic printing equipment. Located in the historic Old North neighborhood of Saint Louis, Central Print serves as a classroom and studio space that offers a variety of programs for all ages.
Limited to 25 guests.
Workshop will be held via Zoom; please register to receive the meeting link.Wednesday, Sep 30 - 6:30 pm Register Now