Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is identified. Qualified applicants should email a resume, a cover letter, and three references to:
Updated October 30, 2013
The World Chess Hall of Fame is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
Gallery attendants monitor the World Chess Hall of Fame’s galleries, ensuring the safety of artwork and artifacts, staff members, and visitors. Additionally, gallery attendants are responsible for promoting positive visitor experiences by providing assistance and interacting with visitors in a polite and friendly manner. Gallery attendants also assist with preparation for events and exhibitions under the supervision of approved staff. They complete daily housekeeping tasks including stocking brochures, tidying galleries, and dusting vitrines. This is a part-time position. Hours may vary depending on the exhibition schedule at the WCHOF.
- Monitor the safety of artifacts in galleries. Ensure that visitors adhere to museum policies.
- Promote the World Chess Hall of Fame by providing engaging and meaningful visitor interactions.
- Communicate with visitors and staff in a polite and professional manner. Greet every visitor upon arrival in a gallery.
- Complete opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain the cleanliness of galleries and ensure that all brochures are fully-stocked.
- Inspect artwork and artifacts on a daily basis for loss or damage.
- Become knowledgeable about the WCHOF, as well as its current and upcoming exhibitions. Attend mandatory training sessions for exhibitions.
- Provide tours.
- Assist in preparation and closing of events.
- Assist in installation and deinstallation of exhibitions.
- Use discretion to determine when a supervisor should be contacted to address visitor issues.
- Assist other staff with projects as needed.
- Friendly personality and ability to speak with visitors in a professional manner
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours
- Ability to stand in galleries while monitoring visitors
- Interest in chess, art, or history preferred, but not required
Qualified applicants should email a resume, a cover letter, and three references to Shannon Bailey at email@example.com
Our open hours are as follows (subject to change):