For more information on becoming a member, please contact:
Lauren Stewart, Development Manager
Many employers will match charitable contributions made by employees, often doubling the impact of your gift.
Simply request a matching gift form from your employer, complete the donor section, and send it, along with your contribution, to the following address:
World Chess Hall of Fame
4652 Maryland Avenue
Saint Louis, Missouri 63108
To find out whether your employer offers a matching gift program, please contact your human resources department.
Memberships support the World Chess Hall of Fame’s exhibitions, education, outreach and community programming.
The World Chess Hall of Fame is dedicated to the game of chess and its continuing cultural and artistic significance. Membership at the World Chess Hall of Fame, however, is not limited to the chess enthusiast.
As a member, you will enjoy benefits that provide context and meaning to chess, as well as the opportunity to experience innovative exhibitions by artists working in a variety of mediums.
- Personalized Membership Card
- E-mail updates/newsletters
- 20% discount in the WCHOF’s gift store, Q Boutique
- Invitations to special events, including Member Nights and Exhibition Opening Receptions
- Discounts on programs and ticketed events
- WCHOF member gift
Includes all member benefits for up to two adults and all children under 18 in the household, plus:
- Reciprocal Membership Benefits at More Than 600 Museums*
- 50% Discount on Ticket Prices for Chess Tournament Opening and Closing Ceremonies
Includes all member benefits for up to two adults and all children under 18 in the household
Includes all member benefits for one adult
Includes all member benefits for students, seniors, military, and non-locals**
* Reciprocal museum benefits are offered through the North American Reciprocal Museum Program. Click here for a complete listing of participating museums.
** Must live over 100 miles outside of Saint Louis, Missouri to qualify for the non-local discount membership.
The World Chess Hall of Fame is located directly across the street from the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis (CCSCSL). Together, the World Chess Hall of Fame and Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis offer joint members the opportunity to play chess with grandmasters and novices alike at the CCSCSL, and also experience the cultural and artistic significance of the game at the WCHOF.
Joint Membership Benefits
- All standard Hall of Fame member benefits
- Free unlimited admission for one year
- Always a place to play or watch
- Opponents to challenge
- Discounts on tournament entry fees
- Chess lectures and classes
- Free access to club library
- 15% discount on books and merchandise
- Opportunity to mentor and bring your chess knowledge to others
- Opportunity to observe or participate in simultaneous exhibitions
All standard joint membership benefits for up to two adults and all children under 18 in the household
Tax deductible amount: $30.00
All standard joint membership benefits for a single adult
Tax deductible amount: $67.50
All standard joint membership benefits for a single student or non-local*
Tax deductible amount: $30.00
Gift memberships are available at any level and can be purchased by clicking on the level that you wish to purchase. Please select if you wish to have the gift membership packet sent to yourself or the gift recipient during the checkout process.
Please contact Lauren Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (314) 367-9243 for further information on becoming a member.